It’s my Year of Blogging Party!
I’m so excited and thrilled with how much has happened in the past year. I went from being a tiny little voice in a huge book blogger pond to…well, I’m still that, but now I have so many friends who come and chat with me about books here and on Twitter and Instagram and Goodreads, and I’m so grateful to all of you for being here and making my life richer.
- my first Netgalley and Edelweiss approvals
- the first time an author ever talked to me on Twitter (Oh, hey, Veronica Rossi, and, no, that still hasn’t gotten old!)
- my first signing as a blogger
- my first author interview
- my first mention on Epic Reads’ Tea Time (apparently the key to fleeting fame is talking about mullets?)
- my first emails and blog comments from authors. Ah-mazing.
- my first real printed ARC, which made me feel like a big girl blogger. 🙂
- and finding a whole bunch of blogger friends who basically make my life more awesome. <3
It just so happens that I started my blog on my birthday, so Monday is both my blogiversary (I swear that’s how it should be spelled, but it looks ridiculous!) AND my 37th birthday. YES I AM OLD. Birthdays around my house are usually epic events, because my husband is amazing. I get themed surprise birthday parties, like:
Lord of the Rings (oh, my, this picture…but it’s the only one, apparently!),
or the Summer Olympics.
They usually involve scavenger hunts or feats of strength. I have no idea what he and my kids have planned for this year, but I know I’ll at least get a cake. 🙂
Because I get such awesome celebrations here for my birthday, I thought I’d share a little of the love with you this weekend for being friends and followers. What do you say to THREE giveaways?
The Big One:
(US only…International friends, see below!)
- Darling bicycle tote bag from Seeker of Happiness, one of my favorite shops on Etsy. She has a Boise tote that I’ve been eyeing forever, and I totes (haha) just bought it for myself. Her stuff is adorable!
- One 8-oz candle of your choice–any scent in stock–from Frostbeard Studios. In case you haven’t seen their stuff, yet, they make bookish scented candles, and they are amazing!
- One book–any book you want–that I’ve reviewed. (I have indexes by title, author, or genre up on the top bar, there!)
- Aaaand maybe some little goodies from me. 🙂
<a id=”rc-2bae6d7″ class=”rafl” href=”http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/2bae6d7/” rel=”nofollow”>a Rafflecopter giveaway</a>
The Digital One:
- For Kindle or Nook lovers, two titles of your choice that I’ve reviewed in e-book format. If you win, you can pick anything you want from my indexes, and they’ll be on their way immediately!
<a id=”rc-2bae6d9″ class=”rafl” href=”http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/2bae6d9/” rel=”nofollow”>a Rafflecopter giveaway</a>
The International One:
- Because I love my international readers, too: one book of your choice that I’ve reviewed!
<a id=”rc-2bae6d11″ class=”rafl” href=”http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/2bae6d11/” rel=”nofollow”>a Rafflecopter giveaway</a>
Good luck, everybody! Have fun clicking away, and enjoy the rest of your weekend!